EPP is an application-based program that allows participants to explore their strengths, clarify interests, and refine skills under the guidance of professional mentors from CP&R, Scripps alumnae/parents, recruiters, and more. Take one week (without class conflicts!) to tap into your career potential. It’s guaranteed networking with a variety of professionals from elite organizations. It’s a personalized coaching. And it’s at no cost to you.
Last year 15 students representing all classes, multiple ethnicities and myriad majors returned to campus during winter break to participate in six days of career development and exploration. Each day followed a specific theme: self-assessment, career assessment, personal branding, an accelerated job application lab, and professional presence, and culminated in a networking event. More than 40 members of the Scripps community representing alumnae, parents, and employers volunteered as facilitators, informational interview resources, and guests. This pilot program was offered free to participants and included food, accommodations, assessments, and materials.
Review the tentative schedule of events and mark your calendars for this unique opportunity to hone your skills and develop your career narrative in a high touch small group context.
Eligibility & Requirements
- All currently enrolled Scripps College undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
- Interested candidates must submit a complete application by Friday, October 22 at 11:59pm.
- EPP is intended for those students interested in self-reflection and personal discovery. Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate a commitment to their own professional development.
- Participants must be willing to commit to the entirety of the program, including a program orientation on Friday afternoon December 1, 2:00pm - 3:00pm and an opening event on Sunday January 7.
- The nature of this program is such that students will return to their campus residence early. In an attempt to maintain a cooperative and harmonious environment, participants will be expected to honor the Scripps College Code of Conduct as outlined in the Guidebook to Student Life and should be in good judicial standing. Please contact CP&R at 909-621-8180 with questions or concerns.
The application for 2018 Emerging Professionals Program will open Friday October 6, 2017.